On 14 October 2016 at 11:25, John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Imaging your stand alone jar runs an embedded http server, by default
> it has a embedded testing certificate for the https listener. But in
> some environments you need to disable https and others you want to
> overwrite with values.
>
> So you have options, something like;
> [ A or [ B and C and [ D or E ] ] ]
>
> [ -no-https | [ -https-port <optional port> -keyStoreLocation
> <required.jks> [ -keyStorePassword <password> |
> -keyStorePassword-prompt ] ] ]
>
> -no-https
>> will explicitly disable https
>
> -https-port <optional port>
>> will explicitly enabled https and has and optional port parameter
>> if you specify -https-port you also need to explicitly specify the keystore
>> location and either the password on the command line or state it will prompt
>> via the console
>
> -keyStoreLocation <required.jks>
>> required if -https-port is specified and also has a required parameter
>
> -keyStorePassword <password>
> -keyStorePassword-prompt
>> only one of the above must be supplied, not both
>> if "-keyStorePassword" supplied then it has a required password property
>> if "keyStorePassword-prompt" supplied then it will request via the console
>> when booting
>
> I hope that is a clear example. This is something that I'm trying to
> implement at the moment but having to do several if/else if/else
> blocks to get it working as needed.

Seems like a good idea.

You could implement most of your example by use of

A not B, C, D, E
B and C
D not E

However one would need to group D not E to add

B and DnotE

That should give the behaviour you require with only a single group,
but you could combine them for simplicity.

I think the dormant/retired Avalon CLI implemented AND or NOT.
The version in JMeter implements both AND and NOT IIRC.