On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 22:44:32 -0700, Bindul Bhowmik wrote:
On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
Hi.

Build succeeds with JDK 7 and 8 but not with JDK9:
  https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-rng/jobs/337207823

Did someone encounter this problem?

Taking a guess here: looking at line 3521 of the log [1], it looks
like the symptom described in the surefire FAQ [2] about corrupted
streamps. I don't know RNG code to comment,

It's unikely to be caused by RNG; from the "dump", it looks
like error messages generated by "jacoco", that in turn
interfere with the "surefire" plugin's expectations.

but maybe a quick check
will be to try the build without forking (forkCount=0)

The build proceeds correctly with this setting.
Thanks.

or using a
snapshot of surefire 2.21.0 [3], which seems to have a few more Java 9
goodies.

I don't know how to retrieve a snapshot version of the
plugin.

Regards,
Gilles

Bindul

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-rng/jobs/337207823#L3521
[2]

http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/faq.html#corruptedstream
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SUREFIRE/versions/12341630

Regards,
Gilles

P.S. Build also fails locally (on Debian "stretch") with the
     same error:
---CUT---
[...]
[ERROR] Error occurred in starting fork, check output in log
[ERROR] Process Exit Code: 134
[ERROR] org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooterForkException: The
forked VM terminated without properly saying goodbye. VM crash or
System.exit called?
[...]
---CUT---