A sort of commons-algorithms type library? That kind of strikes me as what
Commons is in the first place. I could see it being broken down into
components, though. For example, commons-graph <
https://commons.apache.org/sandbox/commons-graph/> (seems inactive) for
graph algorithms, commons-tree for trees, heaps, and other similar ADTs and
algorithms. Some ADTs already belong in commons-collections. Some
algorithms may already be in commons-math, and there's efforts toward
splitting that up into individual components (e.g., rng, numbers,
statistics), so it doesn't make sense to group them in there IMO.