When you have a GitHub origin, you can checkout pulls/42/head to check out
PR#42. You can pull/merge from that branch as well to merge the PR (by
committing and pushing that merge, GitHub will notice and mark the PR as
merged). You can also use the "hub" command line tool that GitHub publishes
which adds a bunch of convenience commands to do the same thing.