Hi,
@Gary, will try to prepare a 1.0, as it seems there are few issues pending. If
that doesn't work, will do as you suggested in your reply and prepare an alpha
release.
@Andreas,

+1 for RERO, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_early,_release_often

>so I hope you find the time to make another more updated release to the
>central maven repo.
As a note to myself ( or to another developer who reads this thread in the
future, in case I fail to cut a 1.0 release), here's my plan/notes:

Issues triaged. Left bugs that can be fixed in 1.1 / 1.0.1 / or even 2.0 out.
Also checked all issues in changes.xml, up to IMAGING-124 (commit
071e63ed72e29d2394fa7db74af9a69ecd0614f0), making sure fix version was set to
1.0.
There are three pending issues for 1.0
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IMAGING%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.0%20and%20resolution%20is%20empty):
- IMAGING-161, move packages, planning to tackle this one this weekend
- IMAGING-154, remove Debug class. This is where I got stalled last time. Still
prefer to remove it, but if we can't reach consensus on this, will probably
start thinking on a third option, or just go with the alpha release for now
- IMAGING-103, update project page
- No ticket, but will have to read about the new commons release plugin and
possibly ping Gary/Rob (:
- Then prepare e-mail to send to the mailing list (include a question about
Java version, probably we can update from 7 to 8...)

CheersBruno