Commons RNG uses MathJax as a script to add support for rendering equations in the Javadocs.

This support was originally included using the <additionalparam> tag of the maven-javadoc-plugin. This was valid for 2.x (see [1]).

Version 3.x (used in the latest commons-parent) changed the tag to <additionalOptions> (see [2]).

I believe the switch to version 3 occurred at commons-parent 43 about 1 year ago [3].

Any project that uses MathJax should check this setting is up-to-date. I am not familiar with all the projects but e.g. [Math, Statistics] still use <additionalparam>.

Regards,

Alex

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins-archives/maven-javadoc-plugin-2.10.4/javadoc-mojo.html#additionalparam

[2] https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/javadoc-mojo.html#additionalOptions