Hi

our travis build also uses the combination

    - dist: trusty
      jdk: openjdk-ea

which has started to use OpenJDK 14 a while ago and our build has been
failing there ever since. The reason is
https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/367 - the whole Pack200 stuff has been
removed without any replacement.

AFAICT there is no (official) alternative implementation. There has been
some discussion on the Eclipse lists eighteen months ago but it looks as
if it never came to fruition - mostly because of legal reasons. The same
legal reasons would probably apply if we resurrected the pack200 code
from the atticed Apache Harmony codebase.

If there was an alternative that used the same packages and APIs we
could add a new dependency conditional on JDK being 1.14 or
above.

Without that it looks as if we had to remove the pack200 code from
commons-compress and create a separate artifact for that which simply
would not be built on Java 14+.

Any other ideas?

Stefan