On 2020-01-02, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:

> I think if we are going to release it soon, the only option to support java
> 14+ the would be to remove it. Tell users it may be added back later either
> as-was or as a separate artefact.

If we want to cut a new release soon, we can just tell people to not use
JDK 14+ when building Compress ;-)

Actually I hope to release 1.20 soonish and it will still target Java 7
- as there is not reason to require more than that right now.  Compress
as it is can be built with any released version of Java (14 is still
early access) newer than Java 6, this is good enough for now.

This question - unlike the question about the OSGi bundle name is more
about what happens after the next release. We could even mention our
plans about pack200 with the 1.20 release notes.

Stefan