+1 for oss fuzz. Fabian also got in contact a few days earlier, and asked me
about using it with Commons Imaging. I told him it had to be discussed here
first, but that I thought it could be useful (we are parsing several image file
formats, probably a few things could be improved).

As for the mailing list, for me it depends on the amount of messages, and
false-positives. i.e. if we get 50 e-mails in security@commons in one week, and
turns out only 1 is actually a security issue, and the others are either normal
bugs and no bugs, then eventually I think I'd just create a filter to move all
the security@commons to a folder and have a look someday.

I think  we don't have any idea how many e-mails we might get enabling it for
one or for a few components. So I'd be OK with

- sending e-mails to security@commons initially, but if it spams the list with
non-security related e-mails, then move to a separate mailing list; OR
- create the new mailing list (probably private too? until we filter the
issues?) and use it for a few weeks/months. If the traffic is low, or most
issues are really security related, then move to security@commons if others
agree

Either way would be OK for me.

Cheers
Bruno

    On Wednesday, 14 April 2021, 4:49:31 am NZST, Stefan Bodewig