Le dim. 18 avr. 2021 à 15:38, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 13:40, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Note that git also has its gitlink and sub modules features that we could
> > use here.
>
> Are they easy to use?
> Who is going to design and test the replacement?
> Will such a design really be easier to use?
> There's no point changing the publication strategy if it is not an
> improvement.

Quoting Ralph Goers:
---CUT---
When I release Log4j I rum mvn site followed by "mvn site:stage
-DstagingDirectory=$HOME/log4j” on my laptop. I validate the site
locally and then zip the site, cd to my logging-log4j-site project and
unzip it where I want it to go.
---CUT---

Is that the "publication strategy" which you think is not worth
changing to?

That's not more complicated than what I do now (mentioned in the
other thread).
IIUC, the "zip" step could be skipped altogether by setting the
"staginDirectory" directly to be the site reporsitory (?).

Gilles