Is this algorithm and its implementation entirely your own work? If
so, first of all, that's awesome! Thanks for the contribution! Second,
go ahead and update the license. You'll also need to have a
Contributor License Agreement [1] on file with the ASF. I think that
covers it. If I'm forgetting something, someone please chime in.

Regards,
Matt J

[1] https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html#clas