Hi Romain,

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 at 16:30, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, splitting will require a package change at least for osgi.

OSGi should be painless: the common practice is to use
`Import-Package` instead of `Require-Bundle`, this way it is up to the
OSGi environment to figure out that a certain package is in
`commons-compress-core` instead of `commons-compress`.

Remark that I am talking about moving whole packages to new artifacts.
If we were to split a package in two parts, I agree with the previous
posts that a new major version, Maven coordinates and package names
are required.

Piotr