On Sat, Feb 14, 2015, at 01:38 PM, jan i wrote:
> I have a feeling that we are standing at a crossroad where  many
> questions like Directd funding, ApacheCON, entry ticket to ASF
> (Incubator/pTLP)
> tear us apart, and I believe it is high time the members of ASF take a stand
> (whatever it may be), and show we are ONE united in the APACHE WAY.

I'm not sure directed funding, handling ApacheCon, etc. are immutable or
define The Apache Way.

We can allow (or not) directed funding and still practice community over
code, merit, openness, etc.

The fact that a large and diverse membership do not agree on these
issues need not "tear us apart" if we can discuss and resolve issues
without animosity. If we agree that "community over code" is one of the
defining aspects of Apache, surely we can also agree that the community
is also more important than folks having their way over whether or not
Apache allows (or experiments with) directed funding or other models of
promoting/sustaining projects and their infrastructure.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier