On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel,
>
> Sharing admin account with ComDev PMC makes sense.
>
> By "delegating read/write access to the new repos" do you mean the ComDev
> owned admin account will assign individual project admin rights to the
> relevant PMC upon request. If that's the case then the ComDev PMC as a whole
> can own this responsibility. We can manage it through JIRA, that way when
> Infra gets requests they can simply reassign to ComDev. It would be wonderful
> if the infra contractors could help with this workload, but I see no reason
> why ComDev volunteers (including me) can't help.

Currently, Comdev owns Apache Extras. My preference is that it stays
that way, and that infra manages the transition only. This is
essentially the same number of git repos that we currently manage for
all of the ASF, but access management is pretty significantly
automated and largely managed by project chairs rather than Infra.

> I've been meaning to go through the list but if my assumption above is
> correct I see an alternative and less labour intensive option. Accounts that
> are still owned by ComDev after x months (I suggest a minimum of 12 months)
> will be examined and if appropriate closed.
>
> It would be great if you, as part of your migration process, will handle the
> notifications to PMCs to ensure they are aware of this. I'd suggest one email
> saying "we will do this, you will need to open a ComDev ticket to ensure you
> get admin access promptly". Followed by a, "we are doing it now" and a final
> "it's done, all further enquiries to ComDev".

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing many of the
projects have more than one PMC listed. The average over a quick
sample of 10, was 3 PMCs listed per project. Is that expected? It
seems to be doing that via labels, but not all labels per project are
PMCs. (for instance, there are labels of NoSQL, cql, cms, Server,
java, esb, etc.)

Daniel: Is there a way to script the above away? I assume there is,
but haven't delved into the google code api yet, nor figured out how
to translate some of the non-existent PMC labels away.

--David