From: Joseph Schaefer<mailto:joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:56 AM
To: dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
Subject: Re: ombudsman@ (was Encouraging More Women to Participate on Apache
Projects?)

Also the reasoning about avoiding one man shows for software projects applies
equally well to our ingress reporting strategy.  Right now the only person who
has acquired any substantial real word experience dealing with such reports is
Ross, and perhaps a few other individuals who have proxied reports to him on
behalf of another.  Ross won't be president forever, and hence won't be the
perpetual ultimate point of contact for abuse reports, should we still consider
that a necessity.

Hence saddling this responsibility to a small team has all the social
advantages that a collaborative group of developers has over a one man effort,
from both a survivability standpoint and a performance standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone