From: muktesh mishra<mailto:mukteshkrmis...@hotmail.com>
Sent: ‎19-‎09-‎2016 00:39
To: dev@community.apache.org<mailto:dev@community.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache Verticals (A new opensource perspective)

Sounds like a great idea. I believe this way people can contribute in more
effective way with their domain expertise as well.

Muktesh

On Sep 18, 2016, at 2:49 PM, Mike Drob
<md...@apache.org<mailto:md...@apache.org>> wrote:

I think http://ctakes.apache.org/ is an example of this in the healthcare
vertical.

I'm not sure where you want this conversation to go - anybody is free to
propose project to the incubator. If you see a need and a potential
solution, then I'm sure you could start to build a community around it.

Mike

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Radhakrishna Kalyan
<nrkkal...@gmail.com<mailto:nrkkal...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hello Apache friends,

I have been using Apache libraries since I started coding.
And it is great in its own way.

Till now I found Apache created applications or libraries that are more
generic which can be used in any domain like(Medicine, Engineering, Finance
etc.) where ever applicable. And that is good.

However a though came to my mind where I felt, how would it be if Apache
community also start focusing domain related applications, I mean
applications more aligned towards a given domain.

A simple example would be "Mobile Payments" could be one domain area.
And having an opensource "Apache Mobile Wallet" would be very great.

Similarly more applications can be incubated for other relevant domains
(Finance, Astronomy, Construction, etc).

Comments are welcome.

--
Thanks and Regards
N Radhakrishna Kalyan