(Note mixed private/public lists)

Sharan, can you be more specific as to what this event is and where
you're requesting use of the logo?

The issue is that using the ASF's feather logo as part of the primary
branding gives the impression that this is an official Apache event.
While it's great when Apache committers can speak at events, that
doesn't mean they're speaking on behalf of the ASF as a whole.

My quick take without understanding more is that this is not OK.  It's
fine for an "About this speaker" page on a normal conference site to
mention that someone's an Apache committer on project X and include the
project logo, because that's about the person.

But allowing a single vendor to use the Apache feather to promote their
event overall... not usually a good idea.

- Shane