I was responding to a previous message from Greg Chase:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/34f2f4859aac61141cfe903a692c5806e50282eb6ca388a7f8959d35@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E

but perhaps I read too much into his remark "As a frequent non-code contributor
to several projects, having people like us as PMC (or PPMC) members seems to do
the trick."

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library