Hey everyone,

Much like for Las Vegas, I'm hoping we can find a volunteer or two who is
interested in helping to make the hackathon in Berlin awesome.

Is anyone interested in assisting here?

To quote Rich:

"I need 1 to 3 volunteers to own the Hackathon for ACNA.

The Hackathon has long been a central part of ApacheCon. However, the
success of the hackathon waxes and wanes over the years, due largely to
whether someone steps up to drive it.

The hackathon has multiple intertwined purposes:

* Attract and mentor new committers
* Strengthen personal bonds within project community
* Foster cross-project cooperation
* Knock out difficult bugs/features/documentation projects

For this to be successful, the following things need to happen

* Projects need to know about it
* They need to prepare ahead of time. In particular, they need to think
about what they will be working on
* The plan (ie, what we'll be working on) must be promoted both within
the project (so that core project members show up prepared) and outside
(so that curious people show up and play along)
* There needs to be great signage on-site, and we need to mention it at
every plenary

To this end, I need someone(s) to step up to own this. I do not have
time to be the point person on this.

I need someone who cares about building project communities, is
enthusiastic about working directly with projects to build their
hackathon plans, and who plans to attend ACNA to do the on-site stuff
necessary to support the above. I need someone who is willing to take
the reins on this and drive it without much direction from me or anyone
else, and just report back periodically on progress.

Please let me know if you are willing to lead this effort. Thank you."

Thanks,
Myrle Krantz
Conference Chair, ApacheCon Berlin 2019
The Apache Software Foundation