Hi Max,

sorry, had a busy weekend.. will finish it till tomorrow, I promise : )

Julian

Am 12.08.19, 14:35 schrieb "Maximilian Michels" <m...@apache.org>:

    Hey everyone,

    Seems like we already have a lot of interest for organizing a hackathon
    in Berlin :)

    Do we have time slots already allocated in the schedule or is that still
    to be determined?

    How far are we with the announcement for the PMCs?

    Cheers,
    Max

    On 03.08.19 10:20, Julian Feinauer wrote:
    > Hi Myrle,
    >
    > Of course I'm happy to help (and I think we could perhaps organize to
provide an small iot lab for everybody that wants to try plc4x...).

    > Just to get everything right, the announcement is for all pmcs not just
ours as an invitation to the hackathon or to organize something there?

    > Julian
    >
    > Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

    > Betreff: Re: Volunteers wanted: Hackathon organization at ApacheCon
Berlin 2019
> [...]
    >> initiative.
    >>     > >
    >>     > > Marta
    >>     > >
    >>     > > On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 8:13 PM Griselda Cuevas <g...@google.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>     > >
    >>     > > > I'm cc'ing folks who might be able to help prepare some project
    >> specific
    >>     > > > hackathons. Maybe some of them would even be interested in
    >> helping with
    >>     > > the
    >>     > > > general organization?
    >>     > > >
    >>     > > > Alex, David, Matthias & Max - would you be interested in
driving
    >> a Beam
    >>     > > > Hackathon?
    >>     > > >
    >>     > > > Aizhamal & Marta, any interest in hosting a documentation
    >> hackathon?
    >>     > > >
    >>     > > > David, Aizhamal, any interest in an Airflow hackathon?
    >>     > > >
    >>     > > > On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 at 07:38, Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
    >> wrote:
    >>     > > >
    >>     > > >> Hey everyone,
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> Much like for Las Vegas, I'm hoping we can find a volunteer or
    >> two who
    >>     > > is
    >>     > > >> interested in helping to make the hackathon in Berlin awesome.
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> Is anyone interested in assisting here?
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> To quote Rich:
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> "I need 1 to 3 volunteers to own the Hackathon for ACNA.
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> The Hackathon has long been a central part of ApacheCon.
    >> However, the
    >>     > > >> success of the hackathon waxes and wanes over the years, due
    >> largely to
    >>     > > >> whether someone steps up to drive it.
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> The hackathon has multiple intertwined purposes:
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> * Attract and mentor new committers
    >>     > > >> * Strengthen personal bonds within project community
    >>     > > >> * Foster cross-project cooperation
    >>     > > >> * Knock out difficult bugs/features/documentation projects
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> For this to be successful, the following things need to happen
    >>     > > >>
    >>     > > >> * Projects need to know about it
    >>     > > >> * They need to prepare ahead of time. In particular, they need
    >> to think
    >>     > > >> about what they will be working on
    >>     > > >> * The plan (ie, what we'll be working on) must be promoted
both
    >> within
    >>     > > >> the project (so that core project members show up prepared)
and