Hi ComDev,

[Meta]

I was going to private mail someone, since I wasn't really comfortable
talking about this question in a public list, but I want to start
trusting Apache people as an inclusive group. So... here goes nothing.
(Also, really sorry if this sounded like an over-dramatic fictional
piece.)

[Actual Question Starts Here]

I have just found an Apache project (I don't want to call anyone out),
and I just really want to contribute to it. The idea seems really
good! But there're a bunch of outstanding issues on Jira that's
preventing newcomers from contributing. I really want to deal with
these, but I'm not a committer, and I in no way want to "bypass"
whatever committership requirements the project may have. But seeing
the list of 20-or-so issues that I'm powerless to resolve... It's just
this sense of frustration and powerlessness.

What can I do to help? I love the goals of the project, but it's hard
to get started without crucial information or even working development
instruction. Apologies for the genericness, it's just I don't want to
seem rude towards that project.

Thanks,
Ray