On 16/09/2019 10:34, Ray Ma wrote:
>> Not ideal but it can happen. One option is to check the patches are
>> still valid, apply cleanly and update them if necessary.
> Do you mean in my local development environment?

I mean several things all rolled into one.

1. Check that the original issue is still present. Sometimes -
especially when there are duplicates or a lot of open issues - issues
get fixed but the issue tracker isn't updated. If the issue has been
fixed then resolve the issue (or comment that it can be resolved).

2. Check that the proposed patch applies cleanly to the current code
base. If not, update the patch so it does.

3. Check that the proposed patch fixes the issue. Add your findings to
the issue ticket.

4. Optional. Does the issue have a test case? If not, and a test makes
sense, add one.

The aim is to make it as easy as possible for a committer to confirm the
issue exists, confirm that the patch fixes the issue and apply the patch.

HTH,

Mark