Hello Kenneth,

Here are a few thoughts I have in mind related to the logo.
-- We can use map pointer with the Apache feather logo.
-- We can have a logo for a for ALC.
-- The ALC logo will have predefine space where ALC Chapter can put
their chapter name to make ALC Chapter specific logo (We should set up
guidelines for using and customizing the ALC logo to make it a
chapter-specific).

Please refer to the raw logo I prepared taking the above points into
consideration.
ALC Logo - https://s.apache.org/wrubv
ALC Chapter (e.g. ALC Indore) - https://s.apache.org/11527

Again I have just tried to portrait the thoughts I had in mind,
Kenneth, you are our creative expert, please feel free to make
updates/changes as you feel. :)

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org