On 26/03/2020 09.38, Rich Bowen wrote:

On 3/25/20 8:06 AM, Sally Khudairi wrote:
Hello ComDev-ers --I'm hoping you can help.

I use https://projects.apache.org/ regularly, at least once a week, and find this resource as a whole to be quite beneficial.

However, there are some inconsistencies: some Apache Projects are not listed.
<snip>

This seems like a good (and important) place to start. What projects are missing? What canonical list are you comparing against? This seems like low-hanging fruit.

I think a list of "litanies" (in a positive way), if you will, would be a good starting point for us to progress here. What are the challenges we are facing, and how do we best address them. I'd prefer if this was a service by the communities for the communities, but I also acknowledge that we've been primarily doing this 'our way', not necessarily how projects would prefer it.

I have my own list of suggestions:

- do away with DOAP/XML, but still keep the data in VCS (yaml based data?)
- have an online editor for projects to enter in data (do away with the weird mix of centralized decentralization) - create a standard list of scope/language/etc categories to pick from when describing projects, to avoid weird solo categories. - perform more outreach once the above is done, so projects can go and set up or edit their information in a simple, fast way.