On Sun, 14 May 2023 at 02:03, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Sure. I can see the value of such a redirect. What I don't see is the value
> of menu nav link to that content , expressly calling it out, and then
> saying "never mind, we don't have that." Seems misleading.

The point is, there used to be such a page.
If we decide to stop providing that information, I think it is polite
to tell people that the specific page no longer exists.

Also we should not expect other sites to adjust their links if we
change our pages, even if we happen to have access to update the other
site's pages.

We have to assume that some people will use the original URL; we
should not tell them to "go away" with a 404.

> But, sure, I
> won't get in the way of folks doing that if that's what you thinks
> makes sense.

I didn't break the links.