Few comments:

* make it shorter
* add TL;DR; explaining in one paragraph what it is about, what effect
it will have on those who receive it
* add - immediately after that - mentioning that while the change is
coming by default to everyone, everyone has a way to go back easily
(and link to a doc explaining how - step-by-step very straightforward,
with an example of .asf.yml to copy
* all the rest - why you are doing it, the context etc. while
interesting and super important for you and necessary to add should be
in a clear section which is marked as "you do not need to read it -
only if you are interested".

All those comments from someone who writes even longer emails than you
so, take it with a grain of salt.

J.