Hello, everyone

This is the first year that both I and the OpenDAL community are participating
in GSoC. I'm somewhat confused about when and how our community fits into the
GSoC timeline.

I'll ask questions throughout the timeline, collect them into an FAQ, and
submit a PR to the GSoC site if others have similar questions.

2024-02-22: Potential GSoC contributors discuss application ideas with
mentoring organizations

Q: Should those ideas/proposals been posted to mailing list? Or just discuss
with mentors?
Q: Should student-submitted ideas/proposals be added to Jira?

2024-04-15: Proposals to ASF projects must be reviewed roughly and have a
potential mentor so that we know how many slots to request.

Q: Who will review/rank/score those proposals? The corresponding community's
PMC?

Xuanwo