This week, I’ve been approached by someone concerned about one of our projects,
and looking for a “how to get back on track” document, with concrete,
actionable steps that a project can take when it is struggling to find
contributors. This seems like a great doc that we should write. What comes to
mind is:

* Clearly tell the dev@ and user@ list that the project is at risk if they
don’t step up
* Publish a list of open issues to the Dev list
* Contact companies that you know rely on your outputs, and tell them that the
project is at risk
* Clearly document the path/requirements for getting committer. Consider
lowering your wall a little
* What else?

Another question that I have is where to put this doc. I’m thinking it goes in
https://github.com/apache/comdev-site/tree/main/source/pmc somewhere, but I’m
not sure that to name it.

—
Rich Bowen