I think we should revert this refactor.  With the new refactored tests,
they may pass but we lost a lot of the useful tests that we once had and
these new tests have no value.  I don't know why you took it upon yourself
to throw away all the JUnit tests that didn't pass, but that misses the
point.  I would have rather had the old tests expanded upon instead of just
deleted on your personal whim.

I honestly don't know what to say, I know that we have a terrible working
relationship at best, but this actually is making the project worse
intentionally for unknown reasons.  In fact, I would almost say that this
is purely a malicious change driven by ego, since I can't see a technical
reason for any of it.