I did a bit of digging in the WebKit sources last night, and it looks like
the WebRTC/MediaCapture stuff is all gated behind a preference that's only
accessible via a private API.  There was also a commit that mentioned
something about apps needing to handle all the setup for A/V permissions.

In any case, the result is that getUserMedia doesn't work in WKWebView,
even on iOS11 :(

I've filed a radar (rdar://33571214 and http://www.openradar.me/33571214) and
encourage everyone else to do the same.