Hello.

After we had to scrap release 5.1.0 because of an unexpected breaking
change (and broken CI and failing tests), I took the time to work a
bit on this and am now planning to go forward with a 6.0.0 release of
cordova-windows soonish.

Current status:

Must
- https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/246 (of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13829) has to be reviewed and
merged
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13834 has to be analyzed,
fixed, reviewed and merged

Maybe
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13817 could implement "UWP"
everywhere we currently use "UAP" (which will be kept as an alias)
- https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/235 should be
reviewed and merged as it is a nice new feature for Windows

After
- Later https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/785 needs some
more work so docs at least partially match reality when 6.0.0 will be
released

Am I missing anything?

In the last release email Jesse suggested dropping 8.1 alltogether.
After spending some time with the code this would a) be super nice as
soooo much stuff could be deleted and removed but also b) pretty hard
as it is all connected and interwoven. Won't be quick to do.
More importantly I think we should use the release blog post to ask
cordova-windows users if 8.1 is still needed for them and how they are
using it in general so we get some input on how to proceed. (Some
feedback from Microsoft wouldn't be the worst idea either) If no one
uses it, we can do a clean 7.0.0 that removes it.

Best,
Jan