Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we want to update the
dependency versions to the current ones. It's just another version we
have to track and update.

I must say I don't really know what they are for and would love to learn
about that.

The PR updates them to be consistent and working with a bare minimum
like said in the PR with code checks. These old version numbers don't
mean that these version have to be supported and compatible. If users
have I issues we always advise to use the latest versions of everything.

IMHO this shouldn't block a release.