Hi Sean,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words.

I think is even more convenient than using the apache-release profile. The
rule of thumb would be that apache-release profile is used only by the
person assigned by the PMC to do the releases. Yes, the apache-release
profile is working for me.

UMLS tests are executed if you use the environment variables for UMLS
credentials, no extra profile is needed now. But of course, if you find it
more convenient to have an extra profile, I can create one, no problem.

So,
    mvn clean install
will skip the testCPE test

    mvn -Dctakes... clean install
or
    REM on windows
    set ctakes...=...
    # on linux
    export ctakes=...
    mvn clean install
will execute (not skip) testCPE test

Writing these here, I realize that a development documentation on the wiki
would be helpful. Any advice if/where I should create the page?

I will also add Categories to these tests, which indeed is a great idea. I
propose it to be as a next commit though. I propose the category name to
be:"with-umls-credentials". You can see that the change I did to
apache-release profile is to enforce exporting the ctakes env variables,
with the intention to force all tests to be executed as part of a release
build.

This creates a new discussion about a bug in our pom that disables the
apache parent enforcement to use the apache-release profile for release
builds and also to skip tests. I would like to address it in a further
commit. I would like the consent from the person responsible for releases
to do this, though.

What do you think?
Alex