Further to my previous message, Sean, I was wondering if you could tell me
whether this answer you gave in 2015, is still the right way to do things in
ctakes4.x

Subject:        RE: How to update cTAKES so that new top level categories come
out based on local dictionary?<http://markmail.org/message/s3ztinppusvsciss>
From:   Finan, Sean (sean...@childrens.harvard.edu)
Date:   Oct 6, 2015 2:04:56 pm
List:   org.apache.incubator.ctakes-dev

Regards
Peter

From: <Abramowitsch>, Peter Abramowitsch
<pabramowit...@hearst.com<mailto:pabramowit...@hearst.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 12:50 PM
To: "dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>"
<dev@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:dev@ctakes.apache.org>>
Subject: How to use external CSV or BSV in addition to FastUMLS

Can someone point me to any up-to-date how-tos on how to include external
CSV/BSV type resources to add synonyms, and other terms for dictionary lookup
to augment the FAST UMLS resources that comes out of the box.   Perhaps I have
missed something, but looking at the CTakesDictionaryCreator UI, it looks like
it is designed only to choose subsets of the UMLS data set rather than allowing
one to bring in completely new information sources.  I scoured the Marklogic
ctakes user archive, but so many of the entries are old and I'm not sure they
describe the current way of doing things.

The only approach I could see would be to take use the AggregateEngine
description and have it point to the CSV annotator, creating a completely new
AE but this would build other types of annotation, whereas what I'm thinking
about is a case for creating identified mentions such as a
DiseaseDisorderMention based on finding an acronym that the UMLS resource
doesn't know about, even though the concept in its full textual form is there.

I'm sure this is not a unique request and apologize in advance if it has
already been answered somewhere

- Peter