Hi Peter,

As you said, even if I don't use the UMLS dictionaries, I should be able to
run the pipeline, right? But the class ClinicalPipelineFactory in the
ctakes-clinical-pipeline module, which initializes multiple pipelines for
these various use cases, only defines a getDefaultPipeline() and
getFastPipeline() which have some annotating components in them. The
getDefaultPipeline() method defines a UmlsDictionaryLookupAnnotator in its
workflow. Even the fast pipeline defines a DefaultJCasTermAnnotator in its
workflow. When I try to run the sample main() method with either of these
pipelines, they throw an error requiring the UMLS credentials. I mean, the
ClinicalPipelineWithUmls class is already present for handling the UMLS
path. Why do the rest of the pipelines also require UMLS authentication?
Please suggest a pipeline which I might run and get some annotations
identified from the text without UMLS.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek