I cannot finds a configuration which permits a complete compile of the SVN
4.0.1 version of the code

Is anyone having this problem?

When compiling using JAVA 1.8.x  you get compile errors in ctakes-temporal
There are various rather oblique assignments between Generic types, which
produce errors of this sort.

[ERROR]
/Users/peterabramowitsch/projects/apache/ctakes/trunk2/ctakes-temporal/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/temporal/eval/Evaluation_ImplBase.java:[899,45]
[unchecked] unchecked generic array creation for varargs parameter of type
Collection<CAP#1>[]
[ERROR]   where CAP#1 is a fresh type-variable:
    CAP#1 extends TOP from capture of ? extends TOP

Then if you try to compile it using JAVA 1.9.x ctakes-temporal compiles but
now you have a problem with ctakes-ytex which depends on some jaxb modules
for the hibernate schema generation.
root cause:

javax.activation.MimeTypeParseException
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass(SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:244)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.realm.ClassRealm.loadClass(ClassRealm.java:230)
    ... 48 more

These are no longer included by default with the JDK   Following help out
on the net, I added this dependencies to that projects's pom.

<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
    <artifactId>activation</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.1</version>
</dependency>

But the problem did not go away.

*So my question is thia:   Has anybody been able to compile the current SVN
version from top to bottom, and if so, exactly what environment are you
using to do it*
*Java Version?    Mods to  POM files, Source Files etc.*

Peter