From: Peter Abramowitsch <pabramowit...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2018 9:55 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiling Ctakes from Subversion [EXTERNAL]

Thanks Ghandi

Turns out, after a bunch of tests that the older version of jdk8 I was
using (25) must have not been able to link to the generic classes it had
generated.  I was prepared to find that my problem was a contaminated maven
cache or some other error of mine, but after a lot of testing, I narrowed
it down to just the java compiler version.  On the latest version of 8
(jdk1.8.0_192) it does compile straight through.

Perhaps someone with write access to the Wiki pages should note it in the
developer instructions:
That it needs to be a late version of Java 8.  (And not Java 9 or later
until the changes are made to the POM dependencies in ytex that bring back
in in java.activation)

Peter