Hi

Please see a comment with S.B

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
To: <dev@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: JAXB and JAX-RS under CXF

Oh great thing Sergey,

thanks for that answer. I just tried and it works just fine. In fact, documentation was either misleading or I misread. The documentation says

"This property has a limited value for JAXRS services as JAXB is supported by default, the only supported value is 'aegis' and it is a shortcut for registering an Aegis provider [...]"

which is a little hard to understand. One the one hand it says JAXB is supported, but on the other hand 'aegis' is the only value you're allowed to use. So this confused me.

S.B : it kind of does not makse sense, now that I read it again. (CXF) JAXRS do not use (CXF)databindings as often as they use 'providers', technically both terms are probably identical, but I wanted to not require users to set this property given that they will probably want to register say a DataBindingProvider provider delegating to CXF Aegis as OSGI service, with some custom configuration, etc...That said, for simple cases, letting users just to do "org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding=atom" would also make sense...

JAXB will be supported with or without "org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding=jaxb" but I'll look into simplifying the documentation and enhancing a bit the way this org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding property is handled...

thanks, Sergey

Thanks for the clarification and the impressively fast response!

Regards,
Daniel