Sergey,

I checked, please see my further questions below...

Am 22.01.2010 um 16:10 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> Hi Daniel
>
> please see comments with S.B
>
> thanks, Sergey
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas"
> <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>

Yes, they do.

> I use Pax Exam to set up a test case that marshalls the object to a byte[]
> and unmarshalls it afterwards from it.
>
> Do you know that error?
>
> S.B : yes, usually it is to do with @XmlRootElement being not present or, in
> OSGI case, being 'lost' at runtime, due to a missing import package
> value...You can condigure DOSGI RI to not require @XmlRootElement for JAXRS
> services...

I checked the packaged bundle. It definitely has the JAXB annotation packages
imported (which is no wonder as I'm using maven-bundle-plugin with bnd to
generate the Manifest).

How can I configure it for use without annotations?

> Why is CXF behaving different than "plain" JAXB?
>
> S.B : what exactly is different ?

Just that plain works, and OSGi-based fails because of the errors mentioned
above. But I guess that's "misconfiguration".