I think this is what is happening:
 - Roman defines own CXF bus bean, named "cxf"
 - our JAX-RS CDI extension finds it and makes it a "default" bus to be used
   for JAXRSServerFactoryBean instances
 - however, JAXRSServerFactoryBean::setApplication() would create a new bus
   nonetheless, because the actual call to JAXRSServerFactoryBean::setBus would
   be done later

The issue in this case is that application was created using one bus instance,
but JAXRSServerFactoryBean would be initialized using another bus instance.
This
is my understading of the problem. Hopefully it makes sense.

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko