Not yet something failling i can share but globally I ended up doing that:

@Named("cxf")
@ApplicationScoped
public class BusInstance implements Bus {
@Delegate
private Bus delegate = new ExtensionManagerBus();
}
public class OWBAutoSetup implements ServletContainerInitializer {
@Override
public void onStartup(final Set<Class<?>> c, final ServletContext ctx)
throws ServletException {

ctx.addListener(WebBeansConfigurationListener.class);
ctx.addListener(WebBeansConfigurationHttpSessionListener.class);
}
}

public class CxfCdiAutoSetup implements ServletContainerInitializer {
@Override
public void onStartup(final Set<Class<?>> c, final ServletContext ctx)
throws ServletException {
final ServletRegistration.Dynamic jaxrs = ctx.addServlet("cxf-cdi",
CXFCdiServlet.class);

jaxrs.setLoadOnStartup(1);
jaxrs.setAsyncSupported(true);
jaxrs.addMapping("/*"); // TODO: config
}
}

With my workaround extension it works fine, without there is this mismatch
of bus.

Have to admit I have no idea how
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ResourceUtils#createApplication(javax.ws.rs.core.Application,
boolean, boolean) could reuse the right bus in current state of the cdi
module. If you check
org.apache.cxf.cdi.JAXRSCdiResourceExtension#createFactoryInstance(javax.ws.rs.core.Application,
java.util.List<?>, java.util.List<?>, java.util.List<? extends
org.apache.cxf.feature.Feature>) the bus is set but too late (after bean
.setApplication(app);).

Romain Manni-Bucau