Happy Birthday!

While working on the board report, I noticed the 10 year thing and started
looking back at the last 10 years.   I put some thoughts on my blog:
http://www.dankulp.com/blog/2018/04/10-years-of-apache-cxf/

Some additional thoughts:

* The original board resolution had a PMC of 20 folks.   Of those 20, 6 are
still actively participating in the project either by code changes or release
reviews or similar.   For an open source project where people are expected to
come and go, that’s awesome.   We’ve obviously picked up a lot of new folks
along the way, so there is both an element of “new” and bit of the “old”.   (I
admit, I’m one of the “old”)

* According to the reporter tool, we have done 210 releases.   8 were done
prior to graduation.  Thus we have done over 200 releases over 10 years.   That
includes the Fediz and DOSGi releases, but it’s still an incredible number.
20 releases a year.   That’s a great job in pushing new features out AND
supporting our users.

* According to GitHub, we have had contributions from 90 people.  That doesn’t
include the patches attached to JIRA’s that were applied by committers.
Still, a very good number.

* Speaking of JIRA, we have closed/resolved over 95% of the 7900 issues filed.
 That’s impressive and once again shows how well we support our users.

Anyway, it’s been an exciting 10 years.   I look forward to what the future
brings for CXF!

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp