From: Steve Lawrence <>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 1:22:00 PM
To:; Mike Beckerle
Subject: Re: more scaladoc needed?

We do not currently provide the general scaladoc tree for all of
daffodil online anywhere. And I'm hesitant to provide that since I view
anything not in the daffodil-japi or daffodil-sapi subprojects as
internal and subject to change (i.e. not suitable for an API).

I think DAFFODIL-1909 that you just added is the right approach to solve
this. We should add an abstract class/trait that provides a minimal and
maintainable interface to the internals of the DISimple/DIComplex/etc.
and make that trait available in the japi/sapi so that
InfosetIOutputters can use it. Passing in DISimple/DIComplex/etc.
directly to the InfosetOutputters may have been a mistake, but since
there's really no Java/Scaladoc available for it I don't think we need
to worry about breaking backwards compatibility since no one could
really use this API as is. I suspect this new trait would essentially
have one public method for each of the members in the DFDL Infoset [1]?

- Steve