From: Steve Lawrence <slawre...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 8:37:53 AM
To: dev@daffodil.apache.org; Mike Beckerle
Subject: Re: Java 7 and Base64

Considering that Java 7 was end of life'd 3 years ago and we don't test
at all on Java 7, I think it's reasonable to continue requiring Java 8,
especially if it makes our lives easier for coding.

Perhaps we can say that Base64 layering is never supported in Java 7,
regardless of the errorOnUnsupportedJavaVersion tuanble, and have a
runtime Java version check that will fail with an error if any base64
layering exists in the schema?

- Steve