To solve the reload issue, instead of laziliy creating Base64 objects (I
agree, this would be a headache), would it work to catch
ClassNotFoundException when reloading a parser and inspect the message?
If the message contains java.util.Base64, then we can throw an error
explaining that this saved parser will only work on Java 8 due to
requiring base64 layering? That would allow most saved parsers to work
on Java 7.

- Steve