What do we have available that can be created for each build including
snapshots that can be used as a unique ID for the daffodil "version".

I know we have the md5 and signature keys, but those aren't generated for every
build. I'm looking for something that could be created unique for every build,
even on eclipse.

The reason I ask is that I'd like a way to organize pre-compiled binary files
of schemas. If we conservatively assume that every build of daffodil
potentially results in incompatible binaries, then this unique ID could be used
to organize pre-compiled binaries and verify that they are compatible before

E.g.,  if I have schema foo/001/myschema.dfdl.xsd

I could compile a binary into

/tmp/org.apache.daffodil/compiledSchemaCache/UNIQUEID/foo/001/myschema.dfdl.xsd.bin

I could look for this file, only recompile if it doesn't exist or the modify
timestamp on the myschema.dfdl.xsd is newer.

Developers could just disable this if their changes are in fact affecting the
binaries, or they could just set some option to force a constant like 0 as the
UNIQUEID.

So this wouldn't be problematic for development. It would be a big win for
users.