Really, the only unique identifier that exists for a build is the git
hash. Any other unique ID could change among the same build on different
machines.

We used to include the git hash, but this was removed since it
complicated things, and we also needed to support source releases for
Apache, which don't include any git information.

So, I'm not sure anything like these exists that we can use.

I would say the best option is if this is something the user cares about
they can run md5 of a daffodil jar and that because their unique ID for
that build. If that md5 of that jar changes, things need to be rebuilt.
Most users won't even be changing Daffodil versions that often, so I
wouldn't expect this to be a major issue for general users.

- Steve