I know the javadoc and scaladoc go into the daffodil-site tree somehow. How is
this accomplished?

We will want to do this for 2.2.0-rc1, and update the content and the 'latest'
link once it is fully released.

I was also thinking of putting the tdml xslt and css stylesheets into a subdir
on the daffodil-site so that tdml files can reference those stylesheets from
that location.

To me, this is a selling point for users to use TDML files for bugs/tests/etc
even if they have no intention of creating tutorials for anyone else. Their own
local tdml files will be viewable using these stylesheets and a web browser if
the stylesheets are served from somewhere on the web.