From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:21:51 AM
To: dev@daffodil.apache.org
Subject: First success with modeling the message formats for the Siemens S7
Protocol with Daffodil

Hi all,

I just wanted to report that after finishing a first version of my S7 dfdl, I
pretty quickly finished the 2 underlying protocols too.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-plc4x/tree/develop/src/main/dfdl

Next I will probably start with using daffodil for parsing/serializing
test-data for easy human inspection
(the XML or JSON files will be a lot easier to maintain as the PCAPNG files).

Maybe I’ll even whip up a version of the S7 protocol based entirely on daffodil
so we can do a performance measurement.
However I expect to require more CPU time and memory using this path …

As soon as I’m a little more familiar with it, I guess we could start the
discussion on some code-generation.

Chris