codi is not that used, and not sure bv is explicit enough in all languages.

hibernate uses "validator", other can use jsr330/jsr349. Since this module
can be an in between 330 and 349 maybe using jsr330 is good but IMO has the
same drawback as "bv". If you don't follow specs and/or dev them you don't
know what it is.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*